The new NBA season is here. After an American summer full of moves and news around strong names in the competition, the stage was set for a campaign that promises to be exciting. Can the Warriors repeat as champions or will they be dethroned by one of the many contenders for the crown?
Next, everything you need to know on 2022-2023 NBA season.
Click on each link to go to the section
NBA results for Thursday, February 16
|6||New York Knicks||33||27||55|
|7||New Orleans Pelicans||30||29||50|
|8||The Minnesota Timberwolves||31||30||50|
|9||Golden State Warriors||29||29||50|
|10||Oklahoma City Thunder||28||29||49|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||28||30||48|
|13||Los Angeles Lakers||27||32||45|
|14||San Antonio spurs||14||45||23|
As in recent seasons, the 2022-2023 season will feature the Play-In system. The top six teams of each conference will go directly to the Playoffs, while the franchises that are placed in the from the seventh to the tenth placethey will play said Play-In.
he the seventh and the eighth will face each other in a direct classification match: whoever wins it, advances to the postseason as the seventh seed. On the other hand, the other classified will leave one match between the loser of 7 and 8 and the winner of another match between 9 and 10.
The order in each conference is dictated by the games won, while the tie breaking criteria are:
- Best winning percentage in matches between the two.
- Best winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams belong to same division).
- Best percentage of wins against teams in the Conference itself.
- Best winning percentage against teams qualified for the Conference Playoffs (including teams that finish tied for a Playoff spot).
- Best winning percentage against teams qualified for the Playoffs from the other Conference (including teams that finish in a tie for a Playoff spot).
- Best difference in points scored and conceded against all rivals (point difference).
- October 18: start of the 2022-2023 Ordinary Phase.
- December 17: NBA Mexico City match between Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs (Mexico City)
- January 10: all standard NBA contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season.
- January 20: all contracts bidirectional they are guaranteed for the rest of the season.
- February 9: end of transfer period (2:00 p.m. CDMX, 3:00 p.m. USA ET, 4:00 p.m. Argentina, 9:00 p.m. Spain).
- From February 17 to 19: NBA All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- From February 17 to 22: All-Star Weekend Break.
- March 1: Deadline to cut players for the Playoffs.
- April 9: end of the regular season in the NBA
- April 10: all the lists The playoffs must be ready and locked.
- From April 11 to 14: 2023 NBA Play-In Tournament.
- April 15: start of the 2023 NBA Playoffs.
- May 1 to 2: start of the Conference Semifinals (they could even start on April 29-30)
- May 16-17: start of the Conference finals (they could even start from May 14 to 15)
- May 16: Draw 2023.
- June 1: Game 1 of the 2023 NBA Finals.
- June 12: Deadline for players to remove their name from the Draft as first registered
- June 22: 2023 NBA Draft.